By default TeamCity doesn’t allow you to place backup files outside the default data directory (internally known as the TeamCityData). If you want to have these files dumped into a location that is already part of your automated backup processes you need to make some configuration changes to TeamCity.
- Locate your TeamCityData directory and navigate to the config directory
- Create a new file in here called internal.properties
- Open the file and paste in teamcity.maintenance.backup.allowAnyFilePath=true
- Save the file
- In the TeamCity UI Go to Administration -> Diagnostics -> Internal Properties
- Confirm the setting is in top section called “File properties (from
- Navigate to Backup page and set your location as desired